Catamaran Lagoon 52 S
The 52, marks a whole new era in the design of cruising catamarans, as indeed did its predecessor, the famed 500.
With its diamond-shaped vertical bows, bevelled hulls, its as if levitated deckhouse and tall rig, the 52 is no ordinary catamaran, but its originality goes a great deal further than just its “outer” appearance, or even its interior layout.
This Lagoon is the result of lengthy discussions between the architects at Van Peteghem-Lauriot Prévost (VPLP), the Italian Nauta Design agency and the Lagoon design department. These discussions led us to make some important and sometimes radical choices, while remaining faithful to what we believe in, in terms of elegance, comfort, safety, user friendliness and, it goes without saying, performance under sail.
52 : luxurious and contemporary
- noble and luxurious materials, with soft shades for a harmonious interior
- continuous horizontal and fluent lines give the interior open and generous spaces
- continuity between exterior and interior life
- a slender exterior design for a boat with a strong character
- infusion-moulding for increased weight saving (important for a catamaran), an optimal structure, and greater protection for the environment and shipbuilders
- interior woodwork in Alpi® reconstituted wood, a sustainable source
- vertical glazing for better protection against the sun and optimal space and headroom
- gull-wing bridge deck for greater comfort in heavy seas
- wide choice of layouts including 3, 4, 5 or 6 cabins, with respectively 3, 4 or 5 washrooms
- VPLP design: performance under sail guaranteed!
Exterior: elegance, comfort and safety
- the boat is accessed via large aft transoms, facilitating boarding and disembarking
- broad sidedecks, with recessed deck hatches
- the cockpit is level with the saloon, and has an outdoor lounge and sun-lounging area to starboard
- the cabin-top design creates a more elegant and punchier roof outline
- a large sunbathing area on the cabintop
- the sail areas are the same with the FlyBridge version. However, the lower mast and boom:
– reduces pitching
– makes the boom easier to access
- the cabintop bulkhead fitted steering position includes the following:
– all maneuvers
– integrated comfortable helm station seat for 2 persons
– access from the cockpit and the sidedeck
– an optional extra safety system is also offered, with a tilting composite beam (optional) to close off the steering station in bad weather
– a composite bimini above steering area is available as an option
- a large forward triangle allows a larger sails choice: a promise for great performance
- the shorter boom makes the mainsail much easier to maneuver
- the mainsail, which is relatively narrower and higher, benefits from better winds at the top, thus enhancing performance
- by re-centering the weight in this way, pitching is considerably reduced
Interiors: comfort, space, light…
- the saloon encompasses the lounge and dining table to starboard, a large galley forming a “U” to port the chart table in the middle, facing out to sea.
- the “U” galley is equipped with large hot plates, large work space and plenty of storage
- the circulation in the salon is optimized, between the lounge and the galley
- all the cabins have large double beds, storage space in keeping with the offshore sailing program of the boat and, of course, an en-suite bathroom with separate shower
- the cabins have incomparable natural lighting thanks to the fixed hull windows, together with excellent ventilation thanks to the deck hatches and portholes that open out to the hull-side or to the cockpit
|Architects||Van Peteghem-Lauriot Prévost|
|Interior design||Nauta Design|
|Length over all||15,84 m / 52′|
|Beam||8,74 m / 28’8”|
|Draft||1,55 m / 5’1”|
|Mast clearance||27,08 m / 88’1”|
|Light displacement (EEC)||25,73 T / 56 735 Lbs|
|Sail area||156 m² / 1679 sq.ft.|
|Full-batten mainsail||97 m² / 1044 sq.ft.|
|Square top mainsail (opt.)||107 m² / 1151 sq.ft.|
|Self tacking jib||59 m² / 635 sq.ft.|
|Furling genoa||70 m² / 753 sq.ft.|
|Code 0 (opt.)||154 m² / 1657 sq.ft.|
|Engine (std)||2 x 57 cv YANMAR 4JH57 / 2 x 57 hp YANMAR 4JH57|
|Fuel capacity||2 x 496 l / 2 x 131 US gal|
|Fresh water capacity||4 x 240l / 4 x 63 US gal|
|No. Of berths||6 to 14|
|EC certification||A :14 ; B :14 ; C : 16 ; D: 30|
Find your Croatia boat rental online!
Search for your boat in our online Croatia boat rental booking system. Real time boat availability with pictures, details, prices and discounts. Catamarans, sailboats, motorboats, gulets and luxury yachts available for rent and yacht charter in Croatia from Split, Dubrovnik, Zadar, Sibenik, Pula, Biograd na Moru, Kastela, Murter, Seget, Trogir and more.
Last minute boat rental and yacht charter in Croatia
Find your last minute boat rental and yacht charter in Croatia. Exclusive offers with best prices for catamarans, sailboats, motorboats, gulets and luxury yachts for rent and yacht charter in Croatia from Split, Dubrovnik, Zadar, Sibenik, Pula, Biograd na Moru, Kastela, Murter, Seget, Trogir and more.