Catamaran Lagoon 40
A sleek and innovative design
With her new visual identity, the 40 immediately stands out. While faithful to the image of Lagoon’s „DNA“, a new style is born: an individual, streamlined and accomplished design depicts her large portholes and panoramic view. This creates a refined and high-performance unit, emphasised by the chamfer running from the bow to the stern. A new generation Lagoon, recognisable at first sight.
Exterior: space and comfort
– A comfortable cockpit looking out to sea: a starboard dining table, able to accommodate up to twelve guests, a recreation area on the same side and seating at the rear beam.
– An ergonomic helm station accessible from the cockpit or deck, thus enabling communication between the skipper and crew at all times.
– Large aft transoms with a spacious swim platform, allowing simple access to the tender and safe, easy boarding.
– A forward cockpit, fitted with a sunbathing area, provides further living space.
New generation rigging: performance and simplicity
A symbol of the new generation Lagoons, the 40 is endowed with advanced performance features: a VPLP hull structure and an increased sail area provide a better sail surface area / displacement ratio. The decision to position the mast step further aft, which stems directly from VPLP’s experience in competitive sailing, provides this catamaran with multiple advantages:A self-tacking jib for simplified manoeuvres.
– A large forward triangle for a wider choice of downwind sails: a guarantee of performance.
– A shorter boom for ease of manoeuvring.
– A main sail, with a high aspect ratio, enabling the capture of better airflow in the upper parts of the sail for optimised performance.
– The re-centring of weight, thanks to aft positioning of rigging, considerably reduces pitching.
|Length over all||11,74 m|
|Engine||2 x 29hp YANMAR|
|Cruising speed||8 knots|
|Fuel tank||2 x 200L|
|Water tank||300 L|
|Showers / toilets||4|