what to expect
yacht charter costs
Yacht Charter Costs
Price of the vessel rent refers to the weekly rent based on a Saturday to Saturday charter – which is standard charter period in Croatia.
Price of the vessel rent depends on the vessel type, year of built as well as the period of sailing (the same vessel has different prices in different periods).
NOTE: During the high-season (from May until September), we cannot really deviate from our weekly charter system (Saturday – Saturday charter), since these are the busiest months for the charter companies and most weeks are sold out well in advance (the price is unlikely to be flexible, and you would usually be charged for a full week even if you want to charter it for 3 or 4 days). However, should you desire to take a several day long sailing trip, it can be organized in the off season (October – April) or by special request.
You can check the most precise information about the prices of each and every vessel in our offer at our Online boat search section.
You can find there all the technical details, boat brochures as well as the availability of boats throughout the whole year. You can also place a booking request on a particular vessel in your desired sailing period.
The table below quotes a general range of prices with regards to the number of cabins – please use this only as guidelines, and for the exact prices we kindly recommend you to either check our Online boat search or contact us via mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (+386.40.873.520) or Skype (skippercity).
In order to prepare an offer for you, we would appreciate very much if you could state in your request your desired sailing period (the exact dates when you would like to sail) as well as the size of the vessel or number of people in your crew. Since every vessel is registered up to a certain number of people and the law does not allow this number to be exceeded, you should also state whether you want to have a skipper in your crew or need one (in which case we can provide one for you). The easiest way is to fill out our boat inquiry form.
If you already know your preferred departure point (e.g. the Split, Dubrovnik, Zadar region, Istria, etc.), please be sure to mention it in your request.
The vessel price includes the following:
- Dinghy + paddles
- Bed linen (charter agencies in Croatia, Slovenia and Montenegro)
- Cooking utensils
- Safety equipment (please note that it is necessary to inform us if there will be children on board, so that we can provide them with life vests suited to their age and growth)
- Nautical maps and pilot books
- Other necessary equipment for a safe and pleasant sailing required by law
By all means take your own towels (both beach towels as well as those for personal hygiene). Some boats do have them, but there is never enough.
SkipperCity provides you with the following:
- Checklist of items you should consider bringing with you on your sailing trip
- Local tourist guide
- Contact Center for support and organization. Please feel free to contact us if you need any assistance or help during your sailing holiday.
For those eager to learn more about sailing, our skipper will gladly show you basic sailing techniques as well as answer all your questions.
Usually boat owners offer this kind of discounts
- 2 weeks charter: 5% of boat price
- 3 or more weeks charter: from 7,5% to 10% of the boat price
- Early booking discount: 5% – 35%
Early booking discount is possible for all the vessels, if they are booked by December, 31st (for the following year), or in some cases by the end of January. For most of the vessels, early booking discount is valid until 31st December, however for some of them this period is prolonged until the end of January or even February.
We kindly recommend you to book a vessel in this period – not only because the price is more acceptable, but also because the offer of available boats is much richer and it’s most likely that you’ll find something that will best suit your wishes and preferences.
- Last minute discount: 5% – 35%
Last minute discount is possible if booking a vessel a week or two before the beginning of the sailing trip. You might get lucky and find a vessel you want, but we wouldn’t suggest you to count with that.
- Final cleaning of the boat (paid by cash during the check-in procedure upon your arrival).
In rare cases the final cleaning is already included in the vessel price. In most cases it depends on the vessel size and the prices range from 50 € to 300 € per boat. In some cases the price for the final cleaning is determined according to the number of people on board – in such cases the prices range from 10 € to 30 € per person.
- Transit log (paid by cash during the check-in procedure upon your arrival).
Transit log is in most cases included in the vessel price and only in rare cases it is paid separately from the vessel price. The price depends on the vessel size and ranges from 70 € to 300 €.
- Marine fuel – depends on your motoring needs and weather, from 3 to 10 liters per hour (depending on the size of the boat).
The vessel is taken over with full tank and, therefore, has to be returned with the full tank as well. When taking over the vessel, we advise you to check where the nearest gas station is, in order to fill the tank when returning to the base. Please note that there is a gas station within almost every marina.
- Refundable insurance deposit (paid either by cash or credit card) – the refundable insurance deposit, which you pay upon arrival, covers possible boat, equipment and inventory damage. In case of a boat damage or equipment loss, the amount of the caused damage is paid with the deposit money, whereas higher amounts are covered by the insurance company. If the boat is returned undamaged, the deposit will be returned to you.
If hiring our skipper, he is responsible for all the damage caused while operating with boat, mooring or anchoring the vessel. The amount of the refundable insurance deposit depends on the vessel type and size, and it ranges from 1500 € to 5000 €.
- Mooring fees – should you opt for overnight stays in marinas. The price of the berth per day ranges from 50 € to 300 €, depending on the size of the vessel, sailing period as well as on the particular marina.
These costs refer to all the marinas, except the base marina where your boat is berthed (where an annual mooring is paid for the vessel).
- Skipper – Skipper costs amount to cca 80 € – 150 € per day + food and own cabin. Skipper’s services are usually paid separately from the vessel costs.
Food and drink are not included in this price, you have to buy that on your own before boarding (you usually have a supermarket at your disposal near the marina) and some charter agencies offer the possibility of food delivery on board at extra charge. However, you also have to provide the skipper with food (apart from the amount you pay him per day). Should you decide to eat out in a restaurant, you have three options:
- you can take the skipper with you
- give him money to buy the food and drink on his own (cca 20 € – 30 € per day)
- or buy enough food so that the skipper can eat on board while you’re in a restaurant
- Hostess – from 90 € to 110 € per day + food and own cabin. Her services include the following: bedding, cleaning, babysitting, preparing breakfast or short meal, shopping groceries, etc.
- Cook – 100 – 150 € per day + food and own cabin.
Note: all the crew members have to be provided with food – please check the explanation above, in the section “Skipper”.
In the event of a bareboat charter (without our skipper) the client skipper must be in possession of a certificate of competence in order to charter a boat. It is also a legal requirement for one member of the crew to be qualified for operation with the VHF station.
- Outboard engine – every vessel has a dinghy with paddles in its standard equipment. If you want to be faster in exploring the coastal area with the dinghy, you can rent an outboard engine. The prices range from 50 € – 150 € per week. Some boats do have dingy included in price.
- Sails (spinnaker, gennaker, blister). These sails are not included in the standard equipment, but can be rented at extra charge, and are usually rented by more experienced sailors. The prices range from 80 € – 250 € per week.
- Safety net – useful if you have children on board. For most of the vessels there is a possibility of taking a safety net at additional cost (cca 80 € – depending on the size of the boat as well as the charter agency). The net is then put along the sides of the boat.
- One way fee – some agencies offer a possibility of starting your sailing trip in one base, and returning the vessel in another. The prices range from 200 € to 500 €.
- Extra fee for pets (some charter agencies also offer this possibility – cca 110 € per week).
- Transfer – If arriving by e.g. plane, we can organize transfer for your sailing group from the airport to the marina where your boat is berthed and vice versa (taxi, 8-seater mini van, mini bus)
- Parking lot in a secured parking area within the marina (if arriving by car) – cca 5 € to 10 € per day.
- Participation in regattas – usually additional 20% on the boat price.
- Entrance fees for national parks, should you decide to visit them.